Hi, I’m Roger Brackin. director and principal consultant for 20-20 Geospatial Ltd. I have over 30 years experience in complex system design and implementation often at the cutting edge of technology, over the last 15 I guess focusing heavily on spatial data infrastructure (SDI) – Not to be confused with anything Ronald Reagan was planning to stick into space with laser beams! I have particular interest and expertise in the following general areas of technology and implementation. There’s quite a few, but you pick up quite a few interests in 30 years. Wow, where did that go!
● Spatial Data Infrastructure – Concepts and Practical Implementation
● Mission Critical System Design
● Enterprise Architecture (Reference Model – Open Distributed Processing, RM-ODP)
● Unified Modelling Language application (Data modelling/system specification)
● Geospatial Data, structure, quality, formats and optimisation.
● Metadata Profiles and Generation, Geospatial Data Cataloging
● Geospatial data federation, harmonisation, fusion and mediation.
● Application of ISO Based Data Modelling/Model Driven Architectures
● Open Standards principles and practice (Particularly Geospatial)
● Ontology Modelling and Application in Geospatial Applications
● Scrum based project management (Software Development)
● Service Oriented Architecture/Web Service Design/Development
● Loosely coupled system design/Microservices
● Containerisation/Cloud Systems Design
● Geospatial Integration with Sensor Web/IOT Technologies
● Innovation and Technology Futures/Horizon Scanning Approaches
I’ve got degrees in Electronics (BSc Kent University), and Computer Science (BSc, London University) and an affiliation with Nottingham where I’m working on a PhD on that very last item in the list. I’m, and active member of a number of open standards communities and working groups including the Open Geospatial Consortium, and if your there too and i haven’t met you already there, feel free to come up to me and say hello. Or drop me an email on email@example.com